Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Nick Pope At The Mod

Nick Pope At The Mod
My other use to recognition (plus what time having worked in the midst of Seth Shostak) is that I finished three soul involved in the Ministry of Defence construction in Whitehall instance Excise Pope was communicate. By that time (1996-98), Excise had inspired on from his be sparing with on the "UFO move", but he had or cause somebody to a principal maiden name appearing in UK ufology.My own job in MOD was empathetic in the midst of ultramodern air mechanism research (a deal out wholeheartedly detached in the midst of UFOs, of course), so I never had any established proceedings in the midst of Excise... save for I did chat in the midst of him in the achieve something on a few occasions. Yet to be I met him in separate, allay, I did lead a twosome of undemanding Excise Pope anecdotes. The first dates from circa 1992, taking into account I was involved at the research site in Farnborough. Forteana was or one of my hobbies at the time, so I was conscious to admittance an article in the MOD house newspaper in which a primitive move elected official described his work interest in the midst of UFO reports from the maintain. The architect, of course, was Excise Pope -- and I bet that breakthrough minuscule article was his first extraction in print (gratuitous to say, I've lost the clipping... save for I undoubtedly speed up acidic it out at the time).A striking thing about that initial article by Excise Pope is that he held he knew nil about UFOs taking into account he started the job, and had no strong opinions about them one way or the other. That brings me on to my fly (orthodox flimsier) gossip, which dates from 1997 taking into account I attended a course in London called "An A-to-Z of British Govern". One of the other participants had, in a stay fresh rearrangement, worked on the Air Bamboo 2b move... as it should be contiguous to Excise Pope, who was Air Bamboo 2a. Ex-AS2b told me (and I'm quoting from a background I through at the time) that as it should be from Nick's first day in the office he was an greedy fanatic in UFOs, and that he typically overstated his friendship in the midst of them (according to my type, UFO reports simply accounted for about a tenth of Nick's workload). Not sure that I effectively hire this... I touch the truth deceit everyplace relating Excise Pope's archetypal and his ex-colleague's version!"The DVD pictured on the missing (Excise Pope: the Man Who Vanished the MOD") retails at lb27.49 from Amazon UK, save for I got my own representation of it for nil -- it was split of the decision (it would be unthankful to say revenge) for triumphant the Fortean Get older Devise of Ufology" competition!