Thursday, December 15, 2011

Joining The Mothership

Joining The Mothership
One thing about blogging: it's hard to do when you're traveling for work, which is what I've been doing for the past few days, and it's even harder to do when you're enjoying a beautiful Indian summer in October in Wisconsin, which is what I was doing before then.

But, in the time I've been AFK, I got another great letter from Clifford Clift, the International Director from MUFON, saying he's taken a look at my blog and that he thinks it's ok to poke fun of MUFON. Even better, he says that MUFON needs people like me, he thanks me for becoming a MUFON Field Investigator, and he tells me to keep up the good work.

There's a lot he didn't say, however, like when I would get my jet-black Suburban, but I'm sure that will all become clear in the weeks to come. I'm sure there are many things he's not allowed to tell me until I pass the MUFON Field Investigator test, so I will be patient.

Meanwhile, I have some important things to think about now, like... how do I maintain my Lone Wolfishness when I've just been invited into the mothership? Can it be done? Can I be the Hawkeye Pierce of UFO research? (I'd settle for being the Trapper John of UFO research. But not the B.J. Hunnicutt of UFO research.)

As with everything I've experienced since starting this blog, I'm quite sure that my path will reveal itself to me in short order.

Reference: ufoproofs.blogspot.com