Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Ghosts And Pregnancy

Ghosts And Pregnancy
I've heard many stories about crying child ghosts and the ghosts of women looking for lost children or lost babies. I've heard stories of phantom fathers looking for babies and creeks that wail like a baby in the night, but I have never heard a ghost story about a pregnant ghost. I started looking online for a story like that tonight and I found something else instead. Although there are a few pregnant ghosts stories, there are many more stories about women who are haunted during their pregnancy.I googled pregnant ghosts. You can try this too. What I found was innumerable stories told by pregnant women indicating that they had suddenly become more receptive to ghosts and the paranormal after they became pregnant. On babycenter.com, I found an entire conversation of members sharing their ghost stories. One woman described seeing a ghost before she miscarried. Another woman said she tried to block ghosts out while she was pregnant. There was a running theme of complications associated with paranormal presences. There were also very benevolent stories. One woman described waking up to see the ghost of her father standing over her. She had been having a difficult pregnancy and her father told her everything was going to be OK.There are similar conversations on many paranormal websites as well. On unexplained mysteries, a pregnant woman asked if other women had paranormal experiences during pregnancy. She described her own experiences fearfully. One interesting response was by a commenter said that as a woman's overall senses are heightened during pregnancy it would make sense that they would also be more sensitive the paranormal. The stories of women haunted during pregnancy are numerous and I tend to think that perhaps it is do to a woman's heightened senses during pregnancy. There are things you just don't notice when you aren't pregnant that you suddenly become aware of when you are pregnant. I am, as always, open to other opinions on the matter. Although, there are many posts by pregnant women who have been haunted, I haven't heard much in the way of interpretation of these phenomena so I would love to hear what readers think about the matter.